Conversion and extension of the existing oven as well as the simultaneous procurement of an automated screen printing machine. The company’s decorative production capacity is expanded to approximately 35,000 units per day.
Opening of a representative office in Liling, China.
From 1978 until the present day the company’s own production facilities produce all templates for direct screen printing.
Semi-automated screen printing machines arrive on the market, which shortly after are also put into operation at Mohaba-Glas. While transfer images still require time intensive manual labour in order to be positioned on the base material, the semi-automated screen printing process is significantly faster in comparison.
The first screen printing machines are put into operation at our plant in Düren.
Founding of Mohaba-Glas GmbH & Co. KG (Mohaba: “Montage-Haus-Bau”)
Our company begins in post-war Germany with the manufacturing of prefabricated components made from construction waste and war debris under the name “Montage-Haus-Bau”, but shifts to glass decoration in 1954 which was brought to life as a handicraft. The memorable abbreviation of the company name remains, and the word “Glas” (“Glass”) is also affixed without further ado. The decorative work is all done by hand, because raw glass is stamped and the surfaces are painted by hand.
Managing director and the driving force behind the company is Willi Schlepütz, who takes over the company in 1961.